Sub 60 Striders

We are group 14 in Abes Army, which is a training program for Abes Amble, a 10k in Aug in Springfield, IL

Monday, July 10, 2006

Update from AR

Hope the WDF went well. I know it was well attended from the blog posting on the Abes Army site. It was a hot weekend for me down in Batesville, AR. We went down for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party. I found out what it was like running real hills! I got up for a Sunday morning run (not early enough though, it felt like 80 already at 8 am). I had planned on running 6 miles but soon changed my mind. That part of Arkansas is pretty hilly and I'd forgotten what the roads were like around the hotel we were staying at. Man, they just go on forever! I got to the top of a hill and found out it was only a short plateau before rising some more. Anyway, with the temperature and high humidity it quickly got cut short to a 40 min hill workout over an undetermined distance.

Hope the running has been going good! If things went well you should have done 5.5 miles this weekend I think. Keep at it and I'll see you tomorrow night. By then I should have my GPS watch!!!

By the way, I wanted to share some articles from the most recent Runners World issue. Both are on hydration in the summer heat. Worthwhile reading!!!

Fluid Fluency
Everything you need to know about hydrating in the heat


New Rules Of Hydration: Revisionist Drinking

See ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home